What to Expect

At the beginning, I'm expecting to definitely feel home sick mixed with a culture shock. Being thrown into a completely new lifestyle will be overwhelming. BUT, hopefully my teaching job will keep me busy and add structure and routine to my new life. I'm sure at the beginning I will feel alone but it will be up to me to make an effort to interact with the locals and other teachers at the school. This will help make my transition easier into my new life.

I'm also expecting to indulge in some great, authentic Thai food. I can't wait! I am also very excited for my adventures outside of Bangkok. I need to remember to drink plenty of water! With the change in temperature, sunstroke is a likely possibility! Staying hydrated is key to making my trip sickness-free!

Of course, the sights to see will be miraculous. From the Floating Market, to the Grand Palace, no matter what I see I'm sure it will take my breath away. Thailand is known for its beautiful Buddhist temples and I can't wait to see a place of faith compared to my own.