Surrounding Cities

I'm hoping to make the most of my weekends in Thailand when I am not working and travel to some surrounding cities close to Bangkok:

On the top of my list is Phuket. Phuket is known to be a huge tourist attraction. With its gorgeous beaches and amazing sites its one of the most beautiful locations in Thailand. Phuket was hit by the 2004 Tsunami, and it would be incredible to see how the city looks 10 years later. This would also be a great place to spend the weekend relaxing and taking a break from the busy weeks I will be enduring. Phuket is only a 12 hour drive away from Bangkok so I could either bus or train there. It would definitely be worth it, considering how nice the beach and ocean look! Great place to get a tan!

I would also like to visit Chiang Mai. Chiang Mai is a very traditional city and its culture shows through all its aspects. There are over 300 Buddhist temples in the city and would be a great place to really understand and witness the history behind Thailand. The city is also known for its crazy, vibrant, and exciting night life. With many life music venues, this is the kind of place I would love to go to relax and have some fun.