Funding

Expenses covered by CIEE: Accommodation & Flight home
Other Expenses: Covered by my parents (as a graduation gift) 


In thailand the currency is in Baht. 1 Canadian dollar = 30.9833497 Thai baht

Transportation Expenses
YVR-->BKK
My flights coming back from Thailand to Vancouver are compensated for by the 'CIEE'. Therefore I am only paying for the flights going from Vancouver to Thailand. 
Total Price for a One Way Ticket

I will have on stop over in Shanghai to get me to Bangkok as there are no direct flights. Total travel time will be 21 hrs, almost a whole day of travelling. That will be exhausting!!


Accommodation
Accommodation is provided by 'CIEE' rent free. Included is a bedroom, bathroom, living room and kitchen. It will either be an apartment or a house specifically for teaching faculty. The only disadvantage is that there may not be any internet but luckily, there are internet cafe's all around the city!
Food
Since the cost of living in Thailand is very cheap, I do not assume to be spending very much money on food. Each day I will plan to spend about 200-300 Baht. Even though at a nice restaurant, each meal will average to 300 Baht, I do not see myself eating out very much during the week. I will have a kitchen to make my own meals for breakfast and lunch, which cuts down cost of food tremendously! However, I want to step out of my comfort zones and try new things while travelling on the weekends.
Sites to See
When exploring Thailand, I will need to allocate some of my budget to tour costs and entrance fees. Since many tourist attractions charge, I will plan to spend 600 Baht / weekend. I hope to see the country through different perspectives: sometimes as an 'Individual Mass Tourist', and sometimes as an 'Explorer'.



Additional Accommodation
Phuket: Deevana Patong Resort & Spa: 1,163 Baht (per night for 1 room) x 3 nights = 3,489 Baht
Chiang Mai: The Imperial Mae Ping Hotel: 563 Baht (per night for 1 room) x 3 nights = 1,689 Baht

Miscellaneous
Shopping: Roughly 50$/month = 15,490 Baht TOTAL for shopping
Night Life: Roughly 30$/month = 9,294 Baht TOTAL for night life